Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rudy


Thought I'd give a rundown on why I'm opposed to Rudy Giuliani. Of all the candidates out there, I like this guy the least. Frankly, he scares me, the same way W scares me.

This Slate article discussed Giuliani's decision to leave the Iraq Study Group. My boy Keith Olbmermann talks about Rudy's fear mongering, and basically surmises that Rudy's a terrorist himself. I agree. Giuliani is running on 9/11, plain and simple....it reminds me of that video played at the 2004 Republican National Convention, casting W as a 9/11 hero. I really don't see what Rudy did after 9/11 that was commendable. I think he did his job...albeit a tough job, but anyone with a sense of duty and the most elementary of leadership skills could've done the same if not better. The Slate article hints at Rudy's failure to make the NYPD and NYFD interoperable prior to 9/11.

I'm with Rudy on the social issues. Gay marriage and abortion should not be discussed in the political arena. I do fear that with all his talk of being on the offensive in the war on terror, he will be one to strip us of civil liberties, perhaps even more than W and his Patriot Act.

I think the Onion says it best, maybe Rudy should be the President of 9/11.

3 comments:

Louis Winthorpe III said...

It's tough to run for the GOP nomination for President when you're from NYC. You pretty much have to sell your soul at some levels.

Strap said...

if you have a soul...Rudy does not.

Louis Winthorpe III said...

Well, sometimes I wonder whether I have a soul or not... If I remember correctly, the Zen Buddhists do not believe in a "soul" in the classical sense of the word...