Friday, July 13, 2007

My 2008 predictions

Well, I'll mix it up a bit just to keep it interesting. Somebody has to go outside conventional wisdom, so I'll take a stab at it... By the way, Mike, you did not pick an overall winner.

Democrats:
Presidential Candidate: Governor Bill Richardson, D-NM
Vice Presidential Candidate: Governor Mike Easley, D-NC

Republicans:
Presidential Candidate: Senator Fred Thompson, R-TN
Vice Presidential Candidate: Mayor Rudy Giuliani, R-NY

Independent:
Presidential Candidate: Mayor Michael Bloomberg, I-NY
Vice Presidential Candidate: Senator Chuck Hagel, I/R-NE

While I would predict that the GOP will hold the White House in 2008, in this non-Hillary scenario I'll predict that the Democratic ticket will prevail. There you have it!

5 comments:

Strap said...

i like your independent ticket.

Strap said...

mike picked the democratic ticket

Louis Winthorpe III said...

I still don't know what to make of Bloomberg. I guess though I'm not the only one in that category. It's too early for me to worry about that kind of stuff. I don't even know which state I'll be a resident of at the time of the election (though I suspect it will either be TN, CA, or VA).

Strap said...

where did CA come from? what's the latest?

Louis Winthorpe III said...

CA is because I have a friend there who is a drummer that I could start a band with. Also, a college room-mate of mine started a great independent record label and said he could use my financial knowledge to help him build his company. He's a great friend of mine, and I think it would be neat to help him. His company is in LA.

While LA and DC are not my favorite places, I think I'm too old to be making friends. I think I should move to a place where I have some friends...